Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Experience Canada As A Study Destination

Canada has one of the best educational systems in the world and this combined with its wonderful multicultural cosmopolitan attitude makes this excellent destination for international students to come and further their education.

Degrees from Canadian Universities and institutes are internationally recognized, and there is a diverse range of courses on offer from marine biology through to accountancy. Canada Universities also has a number of excellent opportunities for language courses, and you can choose between both French and English as your main language of instruction, and students often benefit from taking an additional language course alongside their main degree or diploma.

Canada is a very safe, stable country and has an excellent health care system, and the educational and living costs are relatively low compared to other English speaking countries, so this is an ideal place for international students to come and enhance their learning.

Canada University is a popular destination among the college network for international students who want to further their education and there are a number of courses and teaching establishments on offer.

Canada colleges and universities
These institutes are divided into three main types of learning establishments:
  • Community Colleges – these offer certificate and diploma courses in vocational and career training, and there are also specialist colleges of applied arts and technology. Courses can be from two to three years and there are many pre-university programs offered.
  • University Colleges – these institutes straddle the gap between Canada universities and colleges and offer a limited range of undergraduate courses (bachelor’s degrees) and also diplomas and certificates, but do not provide higher graduate programs (masters and doctorates).
  • Universities – these provide academic and professional training and research in internationally recognized degree level qualifications such as BA, BSc, MA, and MSc, PhD and so on.
Co-op is a work term provided as part and parcel of the course curriculum. It provides an excellent opportunity to students to gain first hand practical experience related to the field of specialization. Students can gain on-the-job experience while continuing to study. Co-op provides full time opportunities that last for 12 to 17 weeks.

Co-Operative work programmes, combine courses in many subjects with relevant work, giving students an invaluable head start with their careers. This assists International students in connecting with the Canadian job market and developing a network with the Canadian companies.
Canadian Universities are encouraging international students to stay back after their studies. The new Work Permit Program states that International students who have studied for 2 years can obtain an Open Work Permit with no restrictions on the type of employment and no requirements of a Job offer upto 3 years. Students who study a one year program are eligible upto one year Work Permit.

To apply for a study permit for Canada you will need the following documents:
  • A valid passport (this must cover the entire period you intend to stay in the country, so if you are taking a 1 year course you will need to have at least 18 months left before the expiry date).
  • The original letter of acceptance from the institute of learning.
  • You must be able to prove you have adequate funds to cover your tuition fees and living costs.
To know more about Colleges in Canada, Education in Canada, Universities, Courses, Admissions, Visas, Visit your nearest Edwise branch or contact us on 1-800-200-3678 / 08600911333.