Friday, 20 November 2015
Top 8 reasons Why Canada is a Good Destination to Study
Canada plays host to more than 180,000 International students in any given year. Canada is increasingly becoming one of the world’s most popular destinations for education.
1) High standard of living: Canada is a country with highest standard of living. All major urban areas have a variety of shopping centers, restaurants, theaters, art centers and museums. Canadian cities have many open to the public parks, gardens, beach and sports and leisure facilities.
2) Low cost of living: In the past three years, Canadian inflation rate compared to industrial countries is one of the lowest. Canadian Institutes, charge lower tuition fees for international students than their counterparts in competing countries and at the same time, maintain excellent educational quality. However as the fees are more affordable, admissions are more competitive.
3) Safe learning: Canada is a safe, just and peace-loving nation. Canada’s crime rate has steadily declined. Every step is taken to ensure the safety of students in campuses. Most universities / colleges have their own campus security 24 hours a day. There are also “Walk Safe" programmes to assist people in getting to public transportation during late hours.
4) The world’s highest quality of life in recent years: The UN survey shows that Canada is the world’s best residential area. Ranked as the Number one Country for the past 9 consecutive years, a United Nations survey has found Canada to be the best place in the world to live. Canada’s high levels of universal education, long life expectancy (due to universal health care system), low crime, less violence are factors which make Canada the survey to get a high score. In addition, Fortune Magazine named Toronto and Ontario as the best international city.
5) Canada is a bilingual country with two official languages, English and French. The vast majority (75%) of Canada’s French-speaking inhabitants lives in the province of Quebec, which is located in the eastern part of the country but there are French-speaking communities throughout the country. English is the main language of communication in all provinces other than Quebec.
6) Excellent natural environment: Canada has one of the most beautiful natural environment. Students here will be fortunate enough to enjoy the beautiful natural scenery. Canada is a co-existence of geographical conditions, the wild landscape: stretches from the coastline of British Columbia, Alberta majestic Rocky Mountains, the vast expanse of high prairie to the “maple sugar town, “said the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence and the Atlantic coast province of rugged mountains and picturesque provinces of the coast.
7) Permanent Residency and Canadian Immigration - International students can apply for their Permanent Residency which takes up to 15 to 18 months from within Canada. However they need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria of 67 Points.
8) Work during and after and co-op program- Students in Canada are allowed to work part time on campus during the first 6 months of their program and off campus part time thereafter. The duration permitted is upto 20 hours per week. Several programs may even have a paid co-op term where one gets hands on experience on working in the industry. Further students on the completion of their program of 1 year can work upto 1 year and students applying for 2 years program can work for 2-3 years.
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Start your education in Canada with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.