Verbal focuses on making students work with different types of questions, guiding them with approach, reason and giving them ample of practice so that they are able to answer any type of question. The essay official topics are discussed in class and guidelines are provided with regard to ideas to be presented, organization to be followed and language used.
- Analytical Writing (One section with two separately timed tasks) with 30 minutes per task
- Verbal Reasoning (Two sections) 20 questions per section, with 30 minutes allotted per section
- Quantitative Reasoning (Two sections) 20 questions per section, with a time of 35 minutes per section
- Unscored (position varies) number of questions and time alloted varies
- Research (At the end of the test) number of questions and time alloted also varies
For the Quantitative part, every session begins with explaining concepts of a particular topic. After the concepts are explained, teachers solve different types of problems, and show how the concepts can be applied. The students are given about 25 questions of Problem Solving and Quantitative Comparison types to solve in class. The teachers remain in class while the students solve these problems, and guide them if they face any difficulty. Home assignments are given, and include approximately the same number of questions. Towards the end of each session, time is devoted to discuss difficulties of previous home assignments.
The Verbal part starts with a detailed introduction to different question types such as Reading Comprehension and Discrete Questions, practice exercises are then assigned from the GRE Official Guide. After completion of individual exercises, our teachers engage in a detailed discussion with the students in order to understand the reasoning and approach followed by them, and in turn guides them with the proper approach.
The Essay topics for the GRE are chosen from the official pool, and are then discussed with the students. After these essays are discussed, guidelines are given for the composition of these essays.
Salient Features of the GRE training
- 100 hours of intensive and thorough training
- Training involves strengthening the fundamentals in Math, and guiding the students with approaching different types of questions at the same time helping students build reasoning skills and giving them sufficient practice
- Maximum of 8 students per batch
- Well stocked library
- 20 full length mock tests given to students
- Availability of Weekdays and Weekend Batches (Tuesday to Friday, 2 hours per day OR Saturday and Saturday, 4 hours per day)
- Availability of Fast Track Mode (Tuesday to Sunday, 4 hours per day) for people who wish to complete the course quickly
- Facility of shifting to any branch throughout India
- Mathematics for MBA by RS Agarwal, GRE Official Guide and Barron's GRE issued as courseware.
“I thank Edwise and the faculty who helped crack the GRE with great scores. The number of mock tests given to me, prepared me for the final test. It is only because of Edwise, I am currently studying in one of the best universities in USA.”
Aditi Avadh - GRE Coaching
“I was planning on preparing for GRE myself but then I found about Edwise and it was undoubtedly a very great decision. The study material is great and the course offers a lot of books to study from. Edwise was also very flexible with timing which really helps a student prepare. Moreover the study environment is great and everyone is very friendly. Edwise has a huge role to play in me getting a good score.”
Sheetanshu Tyagi - GRE coaching
Aditi – GRE Coaching
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.