Australia has quality assurance, and has universities that are globally recognised. These universities have highly acclaimed degrees and also provide a number of unlimited career opportunities for people who migrate here. Australia is known for its high spending on research and technology & also its multi cultural and safe environment. Australia offers a wide range of courses and is a growing destination for people who wish to study abroad and migrate overseas.
Australia has three time zones: Australian Eastern Standard Time (New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, ACT and Tasmania), Australian Central Standard Time (South Australia and Northern Territory) and Australian Western Standard Time (Western Australia). Australia has a predominately warm, temperate climate. Australian culture is a mix of its history - Indigenous stories and British tradition, combined with the rich cultures of Australia’s many migrants. Australia’s society is known for its equality without clear class distinctions.
Brief on Top 5 AUSTRALIA Universities
1. University of Melbourne :Study in university of Melbourne, AustraliaUniversity of Melbourne is a public university and is ranked #1 in Australia and #33 in the world in the prestigious Times Higher Education World University Rankings. A city within a city – with its own postcode! Melbourne is one of the safest cities in the world to live, work and study.
There scholarships and bursaries reward excellence, and assist students from a wide range of backgrounds.
Employers are well aware that Melbourne graduates are highly skilled and job-ready. More than 80 of the world’s leading organisations personally visit Melbourne campus each year to recruit Melbourne students; The University’s Melbourne Careers Centre service can support students to build their workplace skills during their studies.
- ANZ, Commonwealth Bank and NAB
- Australian Taxation Office
- BHP Billiton
- Ernst & Young
2. University of Sydney :Study in university of Sydney, AustraliaThe University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia's first university and is regarded as one of the country's leading universities. The central campus is situated in the heart of multicultural Sydney, the nation's commercial capital and host city for the 2000 Olympic Games. As one of Australia's leading universities, the University of Sydney is a key member of: The Group of Eight Australia's major research - intensive universities. The University of Sydney is home to a lot of overseas students. To help them during their stay in Australia, the university has prepared various support services. Pre-departure briefings consisting of information on applying for student visa, organizing finances, travel and health, accommodation (both temporary and permanent) and important documents that need to be packed are discussed. The university also offers free airport pick-up services to take students to their accommodation. University life in Sydney is vibrant and fun. With more than 200 clubs and societies, there are plenty of available opportunities for students to enjoy their favourite hobbies which will make their student life more fulfilling.
3. Australian National University :Study in Australian National University, AustraliaThe Australian National University is a national research university located in Canberra, the capital of Australia where work and study is conducted in a rich environment. The campus is like a small town on over 147 hectares. Ranking well within the top 50 of the QS World University Rankings, both Australian National University and the University of Melbourne are established members of the world’s higher education elite.ANU is ranked 191st for student/faculty ratio, while the University of Melbourne is outside of the global top 400 on this measure. As Australia’s political hub, Canberra can’t exactly be described as sleepy. During parliamentary sittings in particular, the city is alive with national politics.
4. Monash University :Study in Monash University, AustraliaMonash University is an Australian public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1958, it is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. Monash is ranked in the top one per cent of world universities – 73rd in the world – according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015/16.Monash is now a truly international university This is an external link, with a campus in Malaysia, a learning centre in Italy, joint research academies in India and China.
5. University of New South Wales (UNSW) :Study in University of New South Wales, AustraliaThe UNSW established in 1949 and located in the suburb of Kensington in Sydney. UNSW is a founding member of the prestigious Group of Eight research intensive universities in Australia .UNSW on the rise to rank 46 in the world.
IntakeAustralia generally has two intakes i.e. February and July, with few Universities offering multiple intake in September & November
Entrance ExamsThe entry requirement of IELTS is 6.5 or 7 overall
PTE requires a score within the range of 61 to 68
A TOEFL score of atleast 85 to 96 is needed.
Students applying for MBA at the University of Melbourne, Queensland & UNSW require a minimum GMAT score of 650; however in other universities, students can apply for MBA without having to give the GMAT.
Time duration of course for UG & PGAn undergraduate course lasts for a period of 3 to 4 years.
The time duration for a post graduate is between 1, 1.5 to 2 years.
Popular coursesThe popular courses offered at each of the top 5 Australian Universities are
1. University Melbourne
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts Extended
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Environments
- Associate Degree in Urban Horticulture
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science Extended
- Diploma in General Studies
Graduate Schools of University Melbourne
- Melbourne Business School
- Melbourne Dental School
- Melbourne School of Biomedical Sciences
- Melbourne School of Design
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Melbourne School of Engineering
- Office for Environmental Programs
- Melbourne School of Government
- Melbourne School of Health Sciences
- Graduate School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Melbourne School of Information
- Melbourne Law School
- Melbourne Medical School
- Melbourne Conservatorium of Music
- Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
- Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
- The Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
- Victorian College of the Arts (VCA)
2. University of Sydney
Arts and Social Sciences; Business; Science; Engineering and Information Technologies; Health Sciences.
The university comprises 16 faculties and schools:
- Faculty of Agriculture and Environment
- Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- University of Sydney Business School
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education and Social Work
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Sydney Law School
- Sydney Medical School
- Sydney Nursing School
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Sydney College of the Arts
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Faculty of Veterinary Science
3. Australian National University
- Arts and Social Science
- Business and Economics
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Medicine, Biology and Environment
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
4. Monash University :
This University offers one of the most comprehensive ranges of double degrees in Australia with combined degrees offered across all faculties and disciplines.
Monash is divided into 10 faculties.
- Faculty of Art Design & Architecture (MADA)
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
5. University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- UNSW Art & Design
- UNSW Arts and Social Sciences
- UNSW Built Environment
- UNSW Business School
- UNSW Engineering
- UNSW Law
- UNSW Medicine
- UNSW Science
Fees structureThe fees structure will vary from university to university
1. University MelbourneAnnual international undergraduate fees range from A$25,984 to $37,992 (US$18,700-$27,350) and A$75,808 (US$54,600) for medicine.
Annual international graduate student fees range from A$30,240 to A$36,512 (US$21,780- $26,300).
2. University of SydneyThe average annual undergraduate tuition fee for Sydney is AUD$35,440
The average annual postgraduate tuition fee for Sydney is AUD$35,610
3. Australian National UniversityAnnual international undergraduate fees range from A$31,008 to $37,104 (US$22,300-$26,680).
Annual international graduate student fees range from A$31,008 to $39,024 (US$22,300-$28,075)
4. Monash UniversityPG : Arts , Humanities & Social Sciences $27600 p@
Busiess : $38700 p@
Teaching : $27000 p@
Education : $26800 p@
Counselling : 31500p@
Engineering : 37900 p@
Information Technology : 36000 p@
Law : $38800 to $40900 p@
Nursing : 33000 p@
5. University of New South Wales (UNSW)PG : 32000 P@
UG : 31800 P@
Scholarships offered by the top 5 AUSTRALIA Universities
2. University of Sydney “Sydney scholarships are intended for all students whether they are studying undergraduate or postgraduate degrees. Scholarships are available for year 12, gap and who have reached a certain age students. The university also has a number of scholarships available, including many which are specifically designed for international students. Some scholarships are faculty-based and others are available across all faculties. Scholarships at the university may be given based on a combination of school examination results, including ATAR or equivalent, and other achievements that show qualities such as leadership, creativity, self-motivation and communication skills. Students are encouraged to look for funding from sources outside of Sydney. They may apply for scholarships from companies, governmental groups, religious missions and other universities.
3. Australian National University – Various scholarships are available for international students at all study levels, which can be found using a search tool on the university site.AUD $10000
4. Monash University offers more than 200 types of scholarships, valued at up to $70,000. Australia Awards
Global Education scholarship program
What Edwise Students Say...
“I Ravi Lokwani like to thanks Edwise Consultant for their help in my Visa application for Australia. I trust Edwise since 2010, when I took their assistance for admission and Visa process of UK. Beside this I like to thank my Visa counselor , who patiently helped me in my Australian Visa application. “
"Edwise Consultants have been extremely helpful towards the admission process of my brother Jatin Gupta in UNSW Australia. The counselor has been instrumental in keeping us up to date with all the requirements and developments and made the international admission process as easy as local (India). We are thankful to Edwise for all their help with the Australia admission process.”
Overseas Education Consultant
Start your education in Australia with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.