Thursday 14 June 2018

Here's How You Can Make Friends While Studying Abroad.



Pursuing an education in an entirely new country may seem daunting during the first couple of months, however the right circle of friends can provide you with valuable life lessons, while additionally exposing you to a life full of fun and adventure. Traveling abroad is an opportunity to meet people from different walks of life, these friendships are guaranteed to stay with you for an entire life time.

  • Attend as Many School Events as Possible

Study abroad programs often organise get togethers as a way for students to interact with one another. Attending these events allows you to meet fellow students who have the same classes as you and helps you form friendships with those you may have even previously dismissed.

  • Stay in Student Accomodations

University is an opportunity to meet people from diverse backgrounds, and living in student accomodations gives you a chance to witness this way of life. Step out of your comfort zone and get to know your room mates, friendships are often formed in the least expected places.

Blog On Study Abroad Tips by Edwise International

  • Spend Less Time Indoors

Living in a new country can lead to multiple first time experiences, your not going to make friends by staying in your room all day. Look for events that are happening around the area, visit the local exhibits.The best part of university life is meeting new people and getting to work along side with them, whether its being part of a study group or a volunteer program. Group activities bring people closer together, use this as an opportunity to get to know your class mates better.

  • Refrain from Spending Too Much of your Time on the Internet

While using the internet helps you stay connected with family and friends back home, spending all of your time obsessing over pictures taken back home can get in your way of making new friends. Refrain from spending too much of your time on the internet and embrace the experiences that come your way.

Student Testimonials


“I had a very nice experience with Edwise even though I was late for admissions but because of the excellent help by Edwise made it possible for me to take admission in September intake. Thanks a lot for the efforts.”

Name - Mihit B Kasodria
Country - Canada
University - Thompson Rivers University

“My experience with Edwise is very good. Edwise gave me proper guidance regarding colleges and various courses which are very helpful in future opportunities. Very well organised method regarding explanation of processes which gave perfect knowledge.”

Name - Faizal Shaikh
Country - Canada
University - Centennial College

“Truly exhilarating! Not only my counselor was warm and approachable, in her hands I knew my application was in the best place! Will cherish the memories of her guidance and a huge thanks to her for her immeasurable help. Keep up the great work! I was totally at ease and so was my mother as soon as we signed up with EDWISE. 10/10 would and have recommended to others.”

Name - Sagorika Datta
Country - New Zealand
University - Auckland University of Technology

“Edwise has done a wonderful job and I thank each person at Edwise who has helped me get here in time. I am absolutely overwhelmed and appreciate the support provided by you people. It was a wonderful experience interacting with everyone at Edwise. I shall definitely recommend anyone who wants to study abroad to come to Edwise. I got the right suggestion at the right time from everyone including my Academic Counsellor to my Visa Counsellor & due to their support & hard work I am here at my dream destination.”

Name - Sanjiv Vishwanath
Country - Australia
University - Griffith University

“The experience was both fantastic and an enjoyable one. My counsellor was very supportive with me at all times and helped me at every single stage. Though I applied to Pittsburgh and they do not have any agents anywhere in the world, still I received enough help from my counsellor as much as possible in whatever aspect they could help me out in, starting from application tips till the final stages of my VISA application. In a nutshell, the help I received from Edwise Kolkata was quite invigorating.”

Name - Niyati Mehra
Country - USA
University - University Of Pittsburgh

“Right from documents collection, application process, visa counseling-mock test, my counselor helped me for every single thing with whole heart and lots of efforts. I wasn't expecting a good university for myself but I got it because of Edwise. I am happy with the service provided by Edwise. My experience was excellent.Best thing about Edwise is one to one attention which helped me a lot. I will suggest all my juniors and friends who want to study abroad.”

Name - Ekta Prafulla Talele
Country - USA
University - New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)

Edwise Overseas Education Consultant


We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.

Start your education overseas with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.

Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.



Back to All "Study Abroad / Overseas Education Articles, Resources, Tips and Tricks"




No comments:

Post a Comment