Lakhs of students travel abroad every year for their higher education. Countries like UK, USA, Canada, Ireland are the most popular destination where students often enroll to Study Abroad. The exposure and experience offered by these foreign countries are top priorities. There are many schools, colleges, and universities in every country that offer their students to explore and experience a foreign life for a short period of time which is called a student exchange program.
In recent years, the Student exchange program has become a global trend. It is a program in which students from an institution travel to another country as a student of their institution’s partner. The students can spend one semester or a year away from home.
The student exchange program offers a wide range of benefits.
There are two types of student exchange programs.
· University Exchange program: If one’s university is linked with an abroad university, you can catch up with the classes with the partnered university.
· Third-party Exchange program: It is a flexible exchange program in which you can take regular classes at your regular university, so you can apply for an internship or volunteer and yet get university credits.
· One semester or academic year: In this period of time one can have plenty of time to develop skills and to understand the lifestyle and culture of the country in a few weeks
· Short-term Visit: Students can take a short break from their normal schedule but still complete graduation from the home university by taking a short language course or internship in a foreign country.
Pros of students exchange program.
· Adaptable Environment: Exchange Program students get to see the world and exploring the country’s architectural sites, parks and wildlife, learning their history, delicious food, climate, etc. Experiencing new life is an interesting thing. Even experiencing different academic communities and their teaching styles.
· Can make you more beneficial: International exchange program helps students in increasing their chances of employment and also develops skills for the coming future. By the time the student finishes their graduation, this would be helpful in your CV to make a student stand out from the crowd.
· Can make you more flexible: being in another country, you need to start from the beginning. Making new friends, settling down, to know more about the place you are going to live in until the end of course. It will make you more proactive since you are going to live in a new country all by yourself.
· Connection and network: This is the perfect time to engage with the people to grow your connections and network. This is a kick-start to one’s career. This connection will someday help you with many things in the future. You get to know people around the world and can also learn some new skills from these people along with their language. You can increase your connection through internships
· The exchange program is affordable: This program costs thousands of dollars. This is why it is more attractive. Students get to experience traveling and living in a foreign country at a low cost.
For any queries related to Study abroad, a study in UK, study in Canada, etc, or other studies, study abroad queries, our Edwise counselors are there to assist you. From admission assistance to documentation and applications to visa assistance, we are here for you.