Overseas education continues to be the crown jewel of academics in the world today. Every year, a large number of students make the conscious decision to study abroad as they look to bolster their profiles holistically. As the mode of education abroad focuses greatly on application-based education, students are met with the opportunity to enhance multiple spheres of their personalities and profiles, simultaneously.
Along with courses abroad, students also get an opportunity to join various clubs and associations, in about to interact with students of different nationalities and schools of thought. This not only helps students build a wide and varied network but also build friend circles that may prove to be beneficial in the future.
In order to study abroad, students must follow a certain application procedure, ticking all the boxes as they go along. Once the student makes a firm choice of the destination and university of preference, they must compile the required documentation and apply it to the course of their choice, in tandem with their field of study and career prospects.
After the student has submitted their university application to study abroad, there are few things the student has to be mindful of. These are given below:
1. Wait on Offer
- After completing the long and extensive application process and submitting the application, students now to wait for the university to revert back with their response to the application. Different universities have different process times.
- While some universities in UK may revert back in 4 weeks, some take longer.
- While for universities in Canada, the processing time is around 3 months, maximum.
Instead of being anxious about
the university’s decision, students must hold strong and focus on sharpening
their skills as they prepare for their overseas education.
- In some cases, sometimes universities abroad set up interviews with students. This is usually done to understand the student’s profiles more in-depth.
- These are part of the application process and are usually prevalent in Engineering and MBA courses.
- The interviews are usually in English are the questions asked are either impromptu or follow a certain question set.
Students do not have to panic
or be anxious about these interviews as they are protocol. These are majorly
hosted online through a video calling medium.
- After receiving an unconditional/conditional offer, the student must now prepare funds for their study abroad.
- For universities in the UK, students are required to pay a deposit to secure their admission, while across other destinations; this may be a tad bit different.
- If the student has arranged the funds through personal savings etc. they can pay the fees for the first semester/year and proceed to accept the offer.
- In case of a lack of funds, students may avail of student loans that are specially tailored to the requirements for study abroad, with competitive interest rates.
Hence, students must prepare
and arrange for funds as soon as possible to make the transition to university
as seamless as possible.
- To help students manage their finances and reduce the financial strain of education abroad, a number of colleges and universities abroad offer a number of scholarships that are available based on the fulfillment of certain requirements.
- These can be of a fixed amount or certain percentage depending on the university. Some universities in UK offer a default scholarship to their students while some universities in USA require their students to write essays explaining their eligibility to be awarded a scholarship.
- There are other scholarships that are need-based and are offered to students who can bear certain expenses and are provided financial assistance.
There are some scholarships
that are also exclusive to international students that can be availed of based
on the students’ preference.
- After completing the payment formalities and accepting the offer, students can now look at accommodation options that fit into their budget for overseas education.
- Students are met with opportunities to stay on campus, at a private apartment, shared rooms, homestay, or student living establishments.
- Among the options available, living off-campus and renting is economical option.
- But however, while staying on campus, in student accommodation, the rent includes all amenities.
Depending on the student’s
lifestyle choices, they may opt for their preference of accommodation.
Visa and Travel Arrangements
- The most vital step of this entire process is the visa application and travel arrangements one.
- After securing admission and paying all the requisite fees, students must focus on making an application to secure a visa to enable them to travel to their universities abroad and commence their education.
- Visa applications can take anywhere between 15 working days to 3 months to be processed.
- After receiving their visas, students must then begin making the necessary travel arrangements. This includes transit arrangements, flight bookings, insurance, etc.
- After confirming these arrangements, students must prepare for their departure.
For further assistance or queries you can contact us, Edwise International, and avail our wide range of services for students on destinations like Universities in UK, study in USA, study in Canada, study in Australia, study in New-Zealand, Study in Ireland, study in Singapore and many other countries.