Tips that you need to know while appearing for the PTE are
- Use the seconds before the microphone opens up to understand the topic
- Begin reading as soon as the tone sounds and the recording status changes to a blue bar. Do not remain silent, the microphone turns off automatically if there is no sound for three seconds
- Enunciate the punctuation and grammar
- Click next only when the microphone closes
- If you make an error, correct it and move on
- For describe image, identify the type of image whether it is a diagram, map, graph or chart.
- Take notes for retell lecture, use key words. Write quickly and focus on the important points
- For answer short question, you will have ten seconds to give your response, listen carefully for the whole question
Summarize written text
- Your response must be a continuous sentence and must be within the word limit of 50-70 words, you can make use of as many conjunctions and punctuations
- Check your grammar and vocabulary. Your sentence should begin with a capital letter and end with a full stop.
- Write an essay
- You will have twenty minutes to plan, write and revise an essay
- Your response will be judged on how well you develop a position and organize your ideas
- You should write 200-300 words
- Always read the question before you read the passage
- Scan the text to get a main idea of what the passage is about
- Identify whether the answer you need is located in the whole text or in part of it
- If you don’t know the meaning of a word, try reading the sentence as a whole to guess its meaning
- For re-order paragraphs, identify the paragraph that is the main idea. This probably goes first. Any paragraph that begins with a conjunction such as however, nevertheless, but, also, furthermore and so on cannot go first
- Paragraphs that contain pronouns are probably referring to something mentioned in the earlier paragraph
- Never leave a question unanswered. It will be marked as incorrect
- Read the question before the audio begins to know what to listen for
- Pay attention to the on screen word count. Write between 50-70 words only
- Take notes, use the erasable notepad and pen provided. Do not try to write down every word you hear. Focus on key words
- Key words include names, numbers, dates, times, words or phrases that are stressed. Words that are repeated are usually central to the main idea
- You will have ten minutes to complete your summary. Manage your time wisely
I am writing this testimonial to Edwise International and especially to my tutor for PTE. I was tensed before giving my PTE exam because I got my passport late and I had to clear the exam in a single attempt. I explained the situation to her. She helped me a lot. Those two sessions were really very crucial for me as I scored 77/90 in PTE with 90/90 in speaking. This score has also helped me in getting a part time job in Australia as well. My tutor was very calm, understanding, I am really thankful to Edwise and for the overall experience with a Coaching Dept
Siddhesh Lad - PTE Coaching
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you with individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but will also be introduced to a life experience quite like no other.
For complete details on PTE,Contact Edwise on 1-800-200-3678 (Toll Free) / 08600911333.