Studying abroad includes a range of costs that a student needs to consider these include the likes of tuition fees, living expenses and much more. Owing to the financial cost attached to the same, a large number of students seek scholarships.
What is a Scholarship?
· Scholarship is a financial sum awarded by an educational institution, or other organizations to a student in order for them to accomplish their educational needs.
· Scholarships to study abroad can in simpler terms be explained as a form of a gift, thus students do not need to repay the same.
· Scholarships can be attained on the basis of need or academic and other abilities.
· Another form of financial aid is student loans. However, these need to be paid back. As long as a student meets the eligibility criteria, they can make an application for the same.
How to find a Scholarship for Foreign Studies?
· The most suitable place to find a scholarship is one of the respective university’s websites, we as overseas education consultants, also help you attain the best scholarship based on your profile.
What are the Application Requirements for a Scholarship?
· Application Form
· Personal Essay
· Letter of Recommendation
· Letter of Acceptance
· Financial Documents
· Academic Achievements
How to make an application for a Scholarship?
· Scholarships to study abroad for Indian students are many and the application process for the same is quite straightforward.
· Some universities when processing your application simultaneously check if you are eligible for scholarships.
· In some cases, students may have to submit a separate online application form. Along with this, students may also be required to write a personal essay, documents for relevant achievements and financial status and letter acceptance. It is then a game of patience.
· Study abroad scholarships are directly then worked upon and they cover your tuition fees or just a part of it.
Types of Scholarships to study abroad for Indian Students
· Students need to possess an impeccable academic record to be eligible to make an application for the same. Certain organizations and universities are the most common entities that offer these forms of scholarships.
Specific Achievement Scholarships
· Students who possess admirable skills in the areas of research, sports, arts have the chance to apply for a scholarship in these specific areas. The relevant skills need to be adequately displayed for a student to be eligible to attain this scholarship.
Financial Need-Based Scholarships
· Similar to grants, the purpose is to help students who have the ability to study abroad but not adequate financial backing. A large number of entities offer these scholarships because they know that upon the completion of the course, the Students will have ample to offer back to society.
Underrepresented Communities Scholarships
· The aim of these form of scholarships to support students who come from underrepresented backgrounds in order to encourage them to study abroad.
International Students Scholarships
· Some entities aim to uplift the education realm and thus offer support to international students. A broad category of scholarships, one needs to fulfill the criteria in order to be eligible.
Scholarship amounts will vary and can range from a few thousand rupees to complete tuition, room, board, and travel. And Edwise, India’s Leading Overseas Education Consultants can help you attain the same.