Educational technology companies have been creating adaptive learning platforms that use artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms to analyse student performance data and modify class content and difficulty as needed. AI along with education has been creating a revolution in today’s time. Here are few benefits of the mixture of AI and education:
1. Virtual Classrooms and Online Learning: The COVID-19 pandemic hastened the adoption of virtual classrooms, video conferencing tools, and collaboration platforms powered by artificial intelligence. These technological advancements made it easier for students and teachers to collaborate and study remotely.
2. Automated Grading and Assessment: Artificial Intelligence was utilised to automate the grading process, particularly for standardised tests and multiple-choice questions. This provided for more rapid feedback for pupils as well as time savings for teachers.
3. Educational Chatbots: Chatbots that possess natural language processing capabilities were implemented to help students by responding to inquiries, supplying extra educational materials, and providing assistance with administrative duties.
Benefits and challenges of AI
Technology has been playing an important role in education. Currently, it has been more prevalent due to the increased availability of technical devices including web-based curriculum. With the rise of Artificial Intelligence in education, there are many ways that help students learn. Here are a few ways through which technologies are proving to be beneficial to the students.
Pros: Artificial Intelligence/ AI in education is a very debatable topic till date. There are still second thoughts over implementing AI in education in a full-fledged way. With the rise of AI, in the next few years, AI will be replacing the human element from education. However, this is not the case. AI has the ability to check grade papers at a higher speed than humans. This gives teachers and students more time to think critically. This also allows the individuals to benefit from the guidance. AI has an additional ability to give hands-on experience to the students on various topics and skills.
Cons: There are some negative aspects to Artificial Intelligence. AI usually gives any response, nor does it give any emotion. However, robots might not be good teachers as humans can be. In the era of technology, universities worldwide are working on AI technologies and thus improves the lives. Also, AI provides students with adaptive learning abilities through the performance of each student.
Tools that boost AI in education
Chatbots can be seen as an example of AI app that students might use in the near future. This has been implemented in the classrooms where bots are explaining certain subjects in a comprehensive way. With this, there will be a time when chatbots will be replacing email communication. With this, chatbots can be seen as the future of technical tools.
A recent innovation made in virtual reality is having a three-dimensional computer-generated environment where people can explore and interact on various topics with VR. VR educators are finding more ways to combine experimental learning in new classrooms that truly shape the knowledge of the student. Also, VR ensures that the students are connected with each other. Here, the students can contribute safely to the programme will still being separated by distance. VR having a big and immersive screen has an increased engagement and deep understanding of the various benefits gained by teachers and students.
Management System (LMS)
One of the most crucial things in our technological age is keeping up with educational breakthroughs. Using learning management systems is one of these developments. All of a school's online activities can be easily managed with the help of a learning management system, which offers a centralised interface. These systems make it possible to house all of the components of a course—from assignments and lessons to tests and grading—in one location. This implies that educators are always free to offer input on any task or evaluation. Instead of waiting until the conclusion of the semester, students can view their grades immediately.
What will be the future outlook of AI in education?
The future of AI in education will be dynamic as compared to today’s scenario. The future would be a mix of personalised learning, adaptability and technological advancement. The future of AI in education would be as follows:
1. Personalised Learning Experiences: Artificial Intelligence will persist in being a vital component in customising education to meet the demands of each individual learner. Personalised learning routes that take into account each student's strengths and shortcomings will be created via adaptive learning systems using data analytics and machine learning.
2. Intelligent Tutoring Systems: Students will increasingly receive real-time feedback and help from sophisticated AI-driven tutoring systems. These methods are designed to accommodate varying learning styles and speeds, resulting in improved conceptual understanding for pupils.
3. Improved Cooperation Between AI and Teachers: In order to create a more dynamic and captivating learning environment, teachers will work more closely with AI technologies. AI will help with class planning, grading, and providing performance insights for students, freeing up teachers to concentrate more on individualised instruction.
4. Automation of Administrative activities: Grading, tracking attendance, and regular paperwork are just a few examples of the administrative activities that will become more automated, freeing up more time for teachers to spend instructing and mentoring students.
5. Global Access to High-Quality Education: Artificial intelligence (AI)-driven online learning platforms will help eliminate regional boundaries and give people all around the world access to high-quality education. Students who attend school in rural or underprivileged locations can especially benefit from this.
AI in Special Education: AI-based technologies will be
utilised to help children with special needs by providing personalised learning
programs and assistive devices that are suited to each student's needs.
For further assistance or queries students can contact us, Edwise International and avail our wide range of services for students on destinations like Study in UK, Study in USA, study in Canada, study in Australia, study in New-Zealand, study in Singapore, study in Ireland, and many other countries.