In today's times, ample opportunities are available for international students in foreign countries. Thus, many students from across the globe aim to study abroad in order to boost their living standards and take their careers to new heights. Going to another country to pursue higher education is a challenging and daunting task mainly due to various family and personal reasons. Nonetheless, the moment one realizes the amenities and facilities available in the other country, there remains no reason why not to travel to a foreign country.
One is met with multiple advantages when one embarks on his/her journey to study abroad. He/she meets a diverse range of people and makes new friends, gets immersed in a new and completely different culture, learns a new language, is able to visit astounding places, discovers new and exciting foods, and most importantly becomes independent and self-reliant.
Before making your study overseas journey a memorable and enduring experience, there are multiple things or factors to consider. International students have to take charge and are required to acquire information concerning all documents that are needed to file for a student visa. Only after fulfilling the college or university requirements, one is eligible to embark on his/her study abroad journey.
To make your journey a success, the following are the required documents:
• Application Form: The most crucial document that contains personal as well as professional details of the student, the Application Form pertains to that specific college or university that the student is applying to. The student is required to fill in the application form carefully with the correct information before forwarding it to the college or university. One should double-check before submitting the form. This makes it easier for the Admissions Officer to go through the student's application.
• Test Scores: At majority of the universities and colleges abroad, English is the medium of instruction, and therefore, to ensure that the student can speak, read and write in English apart from being able to converse, they demand the English Language Proficiency i.e. the IELTS or TOEFL test scores. The student is required to submit these scores along with the application. These scores vary across universities and can affect the student's chances of seeking admission into his/her desired college or university.
The student might also need to appear for more general standardized tests like GRE or SAT depending on his/her country and university choice.
• Academic Transcripts: The student is required to submit their academic records along with the application form. It is the same as the consolidated mark sheet that we receive in India comprising all the courses undertaken by the student, grades obtained, credits, and degrees earned. One pursuing postgraduate programs should submit their SSC (Senior Secondary Certificate), HSC (Higher Secondary Certificate), and the Graduation Degree Certificate, along with the required mark sheets.
• Curriculum Vitae (CV): The Resume/CV is one of the most important documents to be submitted. It contains information about the student's educational background, internships or work experience, extracurricular activities, degrees, skills, etc., and is used to seek admission or to secure a new job. The Resume or Curriculum Vitae provides a comprehensive insight into the student's academic and professional profile. The university or college takes into consideration the presentation skills and the manner in which one performs during an interaction over a video conference call. Based on the resume put forth by the candidate, this discussion takes place.
• Statement of Purpose: The most important document of one's application, the SOP is a short essay written by the student. It describes the student's background, the reason for them wanting to pursue that particular course, their desired university, and their future aspirations. The university wishes to know why the student has selected their campus to study the said program. A well-written SOP paves the way for a student's entry into his/her dream university and thus, the student should invest ample time in writing the essay to make his/her application stand out from the crowd. It evaluates the capabilities of a prospective student in terms of critical thinking, analytical abilities, aims, interests, and future goals. The SOP should be short, to the point, and ideologically clear.
• Passport Size Photos and Photo Identity: Pan card, Driving License, or Voter's ID are the different photo identity documents that are needed for the purpose of identification and proof of residence. Student's also required to send a clear picture with a certain background as demanded by the university or college. All instructions given by the institute should be met.
• Letter of Recommendation: LOR is also known as a Reference Letter. It is written on behalf of the student by either the student's Manager or Professor, as requested by him/her. Here the writer talks about the qualities of the person, his/her skills, characteristics, and experience based on the individual's ability to perform a given task. The writer also testifies the individual's contribution to the workplace or college. The LOR relates to admission to higher education institutes, scholarship, or employment eligibility. The Admission Committee gains an insight into the individual's life and can decide one's admission subsequently through the Letter of Recommendation.
• Work Experience Certificate: The student's pertinent work experience certificates need to be attached. This plays an important role in making the student better understand the program and the experience gained, adds more weightage. A student intending to pursue MBA should submit his/her work experience details along with the necessary documents. The work experience documents include: Latest Joining Letter, Latest Salary Slip, and Employment Certificates from previous Companies or Employers.
• Travel and Financial Documents: Students should possess a valid passport and study visa to be able to travel to their preferred destination. They should show proof of funds that state that they can take care of themselves in case of an emergency. Few documents need to be sent within the time frame prescribed by the university/college.
For further assistance or queries students can contact us, Edwise International, and avail for our wide range of services for students on destinations like Universities in USA, study in USA, study in UK, study in Ireland, study in Canada, study in Australia, study in New-Zealand, study in Singapore and many other countries.