Studying abroad has been a major dream for a range of students. It is the pathway to not only earn world-class education qualifications, but also opens doors of career opportunities. Apart from the student themselves, a significant number of parents also yearn for their child to study abroad.
However, the process can be quite daunting and one may often feel lost. The decision to study abroad is one that cannot be taken on a whim, it takes careful deliberation and planning.
Once the student has selected the course and the university, the next step is appearing for the admission tests. Here is a list of all the likely tests you will be required to give when you decide to study abroad.
· International English Language Testing System assesses English Language Skills in areas of Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
· IELTS exam preparation can be undertaken in either Academic or General Training.
· Graded on a parameter known as the Band score, the total scale ranges between 0-9.
· The results for the IELTS test are available within 15 working days.
· Test of English as a Foreign Language is a standardized English proficiency test that assesses the English Language skills of a student in the areas of Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
· The test is offered 30-40 times a year.
· To study undergraduate or postgraduate courses abroad, students need to appear for TOEFL.
· The exam is scored out of 120, with every section being scored on a scale of 0-30 with a 1-point increment.
· Pearson Test of English Academic is a computer-based test that evaluates the Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing abilities.
· There exist three types of PTE examinations, which are namely the PTE General, PTE Academic, and PTE Young Learners.
· The PTE academic test score results are valid for a period of 2 years.
· An overall score is out of 90 and a good score is 65.
· Graduate Record Examination is a world-renowned admission test undertaken by candidates for graduate programs primarily in the areas of Engineering and Sciences at universities in USA.
· The total duration of the entire Test Format is 3 Hours 45 minutes.
· Scored out of a total of 340, a good score is considered that of 320 and above.
· Students can retake the GRE test once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period.
· Graduate Management Admission Test is required to be given by those candidates who are desirous of taking admission to Graduate Management programs at management education institutions.
· Sections of the exam include Analysis of Argument, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, and Verbal.
· The test is scored out of a total of 800, and a good score is 650+.
· The test is for a duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
· The Scholastic Assessment Test is given by those who wish to seek admission to undergraduate courses in USA.
· The SAT exam is conducted in March, May, October, and December in India.
· Sections include Reading, Writing and Language, Maths, and an Optional Essay. It is scored out of a total of 1600; a good score is considered that of a 1250+
· The SAT exam scores are valid for a period of 5 years. The process to attain the scores takes between 17-22 calendar days.
· The American College Testing has 5 components namely, English, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and an optional Writing Test.
· The duration of the exam is 3 hours and 35 minutes.
· Score reports are generally released within 3 to 8 weeks after each test date.
· Scored out of a total of 36, a good score is considered that of 30 and above.
To prepare for these exams get in touch with study abroad consultants, Edwise today.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.