Whilst the Indian education system has only one intake, study abroad destinations often offer multiple intakes to students. Students benefit from the same since if they happen to miss one intake, they can always make an application for the next, without having to miss a year. Intakes are also referred to as terms or semesters.
· Primarily, are two intakes, these are Fall and Spring.
· These start in September and January respectively.
· On the other hand, some universities also offer a Summer intake in April.
· Apart from the above generalization, intakes depend on the course and university under consideration.
· Since many decide to attain education abroad, universities find it arduous to accommodate all the students in one intake. Therefore, they offer multiple intakes to be able to meet the influx of demand.
· Moreover, if the student faces any hindrances in one intake, they can make up for the same in the next intake.
Which Intake Should You Choose?
Factors that determine your intake decisions are:
· Availability of preferred program
· Academic records
· Entrance test scores
· Acceptance rates
· Job opportunities
· Readiness on joining the course
· Indian students looking to study abroad, tend to opt for the September intake since it’s in progression with the academic calendar in India.
· Universities in USA offer the Fall, Spring and Summer intakes in September, January and May respectively.
· Take into consideration scholarships, course specializations, part-time work avenues, internship availability and post-study work openings when making your decision.
· Colleges and Universities in Canada offer the Fall, Winter and Summer intakes in September, January and April-May respectively.
· Intakes depend on the courses in Canada, such as postgraduate diplomas and undergraduate/postgraduate programs have distinct intakes.
· Diploma courses in Canada tend to have flexible intakes and in case you miss a deadline, we at Edwise as study overseas education consultants help you with the same.
· Universities in UK offer Autumn and Spring intakes in the month of September-October and January-February, respectively.
· Certain courses in UK offer a Summer intake too in June-August.
· Students looking to study undergraduate courses in UK make their application through the UCAS.
· Intakes at universities in Ireland are also known as semesters and are offered in Autumn and Spring, known as Semester 1 and Semester 2 respectively.
· Semester 1 begins in early September and is till December. Semester 2 begins late from January to May.
· Intakes at universities in Australia are also known as semesters. Semester 1, commences late February/early March to late May/early June. Whilst Semester 2, commences late July/early August through to November.
· Deadlines for the Semester 1 intake are in October-November, and for that in Semester 2 intake are in April-May.
· Universities in New Zealand offer two intakes also known as semesters, these are from February-June for Semester 1 and July to November for Semester 2.
· Vocational courses in New Zealand, offer multiple intakes which are in March, April and May.
Taking the current scenario into consideration, intakes to study overseas may slightly vary. Get in touch with Edwise for expert overseas education counseling.