Air transportation services and operations fall under the discipline of study known as Aviation which majorly encompasses the aircraft industries and mechanical flights.
The Aviation course: An overview
The subject of Aviation is wide-ranging with a multitude of courses available. Subject to the institution that you’ve applied to, the course of aviation may vary. A few programs may place emphasis on training the student to take up a career as a Commercial Pilot; whereas other courses may be more concerned with airline and airport management, or air traffic control. An aviation program mainly deals with a candidate learning the fundamentals of flying, instrument reading, aviation safety, and other related topics, also including management and safety.
The program structure
Studying Aviation is possible at the undergraduate level, which takes about three to four years to complete. One can also opt to pursue a Master’s degree in the subject of Aviation taking up to two years of the study period. Aviation degrees generally involve a series of practical sessions that involve working with the aircraft. The subjects taught under any aviation course vary based on the institute of application. However, some common modules you can watch out to study include Aircraft Systems and Navigation, Airport Management, Airport Operations, Aviation Engineering, Aviation Logistics, Aviation Meteorology, Aviation Safety, Communications, Flight Planning, Fundamentals and Principles of Flight Operations, Monitoring and Performance, Navigation Systems, Space and Air Laws, etc.
Where to study Aviation?
1. The United States of America
2. The United Kingdom
5. New Zealand
Sought-after Aviation Courses:
The concise field of Aviation encompasses numerous options for applicants where they can opt to study a program that suits their preferences and choices.
Below are a few Aviation courses that prominently stand out to be the most opted ones:
1. Diploma in Aviation: It is a full-time course of 6-months to 1-year that furnishes pursuant with expertise, competency, and requisite knowledge of the industry. The subjects that one can expect to learn in this Aviation course are Aerodynamics and Propulsion, Aircrafts System, Airline Operations, Avionics System, Engineering Cost Decisions, Mathematics, Mathematics for Engineering, Statistical Methods for Engineering, etc.
2. Diploma in Ground Staff and Cabin Crew Training: This course covers aspects like staff workers at the airport information desk, baggage handling, tickets, fare counters, etc. activities at the airport. A student can expect to learn Arrival Procedures, Aviation Fundamentals, Introduction to Airport Division, Ramp Management, etc. under this course.
3. Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation: The BBA in Aviation course is a full-time, 3-4 year undergraduate course that is tailor-made to provide candidates with a background in business and leadership practices, managerial skills required in the Aviation industry. Airport Functions of Airlines, Business Mathematics and Statistics, Human Resource Management, Introduction to Aviation Industry, Understanding of Aviation Business, etc. are a few subjects under this program.
4. MBA in Aviation Management: This course is a Master’s program in Management where professionals are furnished with the requisite prowess and competence that a manager requires in the Aviation industry. The subjects in this course include Airline and Airport Management, Airline Marketing Management, Airline Operation and Scheduling, Aviation Law, Aviation Safety Management and Accident Investigations, Economic Analysis for Business Decisions, etc.
Aviation graduates are well-trained for stepping into the industry and there exist a good deal of lucrative career options that include Air Traffic Controller, Aircraft Mechanic, Airline Manager, Airport Manager, Aviation Engineer, Aviation Meteorologist, Commercial Pilot, etc
For further assistance or queries students can contact us, Edwise International, and avail of our wide range of services for students on destinations like Universities in Australia, study in Australia, study in UK, study in USA, study in Canada, study in Ireland, study in New-Zealand, study inSingapore and many other countries.