Post 2020, the university admission process to study abroad has dramatically altered. With the focus on a more online and hybrid learning approach, universities now expect that their students also change with the times.
If you are looking to study overseas, this can indeed be a daunting time for you. While factors that earlier held prominence in the overseas education admission process such as those of academics, application documents, and scores in admission tests remain prominent. There are now certain measures that you as an international student need to incorporate when making that application to your dream university.
Harness your Technical Skills
- Apart from the fact that universities have shifted to a more online form of education, even remote working opportunities has gained prominence.
- This just goes to show that in the near future, technology is going to hold immense prominence in the future.
- Therefore, those looking to study abroad, must have an edge over the others and this is where they can do so.
Embrace the Variety of Study Options
- Adaptability is an integral trait that a significant number of universities seek in their students. This has become more important with the changing learning methodology brought into the picture.
- From the shift from in-person classes to a more hybrid form of learning, universities expect their students to face challenges head-on. Earlier, students deferred their plans to study abroad citing the online methodology as a reason.
- However, with online learning being a prominent aspect even in the home destination, students must adopt.
Research your University of Application
- It is critical that you connect with the university of application. Apart from interacting with the college alumni what is also critical that you interact with the professors.
- If you have any doubts, attend the various virtual fairs that Edwise conducts. We have a series of virtual fairs lined up, where students can interact with their university of choice from the comfort of their homes.
- Not only does this enable you to solve all your doubts, but you can also attain application fee waivers.
Work on your Profile
- It is advisable that students get their application in as early as possible. Whilst academics continue to hold unwavering importance, what has also gained significance is work experience, extra-curricular activities, letters of recommendation and your essays.
- Students looking to study overseas must remember that universities tend to take a more holistic look at a student’s profile.
Scores in University Admission Tests
- Students looking to study overseas need to appear for certain examinations these include the likes of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT.
- Universities and programs have different requirements that students are expected to adhere to. However, a higher score greatly ameliorates a student’s profile.
2021, presents new opportunities and students must tap into the same. The best way to stay ahead of the competition is to up-skill yourself and there is no better way to do it than an education abroad.
Get in touch with India’s Leading Overseas Education Consultants, Edwise to make your application today.