Over the years the number of students who choose to study in USA has significantly risen. With this increased competition, students need to go the extra mile to make their applications stand out. If you too are looking to stand apart from the rest, here are some factors that you need to take into consideration.
· A determining component of your application to study at universities in USA is your GPA and CGPA. Thus, offer immense prominence to your academics.
Scores in University Admission Tests
· To study in USA, students need to appear for certain admission tests. These include the likes of English Proficiency tests such as the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE and other admission tests such as the GRE/GMAT/SAT and ACT.
· IELTS score of 6.0- 6.5 for Undergraduates and 6.5–7 band for Postgraduate studies is usually sought after.
· A TOEFL score of 70–80 for Undergraduate studies and 80–90 for Postgraduate studies is considered decent.
· Scored out of a total of 340, a good score is considered that of 320 and above in the GRE.
· The GMAT is scored out of a total of 800 and a good score is of 650+.
· Scored out of 1600, students looking to study undergraduate courses in USA need to appear for the SAT. A good score is considered that of a 1250+, but that again depends on the university.
· All four-year universities in USA utilize the ACT to evaluate the undergraduate application, scored out of a total of 36, a good score is considered that of 30 and above.
· Courses in USA generally have an expected score that they expect their students to attain.
· Two integral components of your application are the SOP and LOR.
· In your Statement of Purpose, apart from covering your academic and professional background, also offer insights as to why you wish to study in USA in that course at that particular university.
· Based on your academic and professional background, universities will ask for 2–3 LOR’s. Ensure that your LOR, speaks highly about your skills and attributes.
Selecting the Right University
· Whilst through the entire process you’re trying to fit into your university, what is also important to consider is whether the university is the right fit for you.
· Though university rankings hold prominence, what you also need to check is the survey, student-faculty ratio, courses offered, research activities and alumni network to name a few.
Course Specific Requirements
· Students looking to pursue Ph.D. programs in USA are required to submit a research statement.
· On the other hand, those students looking to study MBA in USA should pay special heed to their essays as well as GMAT scores.
· Another prominent course is the Masters of Science programs and here your performance in the GRE plays a major role.
· For undergraduate courses, the SAT and ACT scores are critical.
Many students find the application procedure the most challenging aspect of the overseas education process. But with Edwise, India’s Leading Overseas Education Consultant, you will be able to realize your study in USA dreams seamlessly.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.