The UK, a pioneer in the field of education and home to one of the world’s oldest education systems, is recognized the world over. A number of international students aspire to study in UK. The top-ranking universities in UK focus on independent learning. This helps students develop relevant skills, highly appreciated by many employers. Courses in UK are offered in a vast array of subjects and with modern teaching techniques, making it a preferred study destination among international students.
The country is open to different cultures from all over the world. UK college admissions take place in two intakes: the primary intake commences in September and October. On the other hand, intakes for several other courses commence in January until May. Students who study in UK, can work for 20 hours per week during the semester and full time during semester break. Universities offer numerous scholarships that are competitive in nature.
Students believe that applying for a UK student visa is a difficult task. However, that's not true. The Student Visa Application process in the UK is a streamlined one. One wishing to study in UK and above the age of sixteen can apply for Tier-4 General Student Visa.
The application process to apply for a UK Student Visa is mentioned under the following points:
One can apply for a Student Visa to study in UK if:
• He/she has been offered a place on a course and has enough money to support one’s herself and pay for the course.
• Can read, write, speak and understand English
Students are advised by universities in UK to start applying for the course, three months before its commencement.
Once you have applied for a UK student visa, you are likely to receive a response within a period of three weeks. Healthcare surcharge cost is also included in the UK student visa application. A student who has received the visa can arrive one week prior to the course commencement if the program is for six months or less. However, if the program is for over six months, one can arrive one month prior to its commencement.
Making a UK student visa allows one to not only study but also be a member of student unions and apply to extend one’s stay. Applying for a student visa enables you to take on certain jobs based on course and sponsors.
One who has received an unconditional offer on the course along with a licensed Tier-4 sponsor can apply for a UK student visa.
All students are provided with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies(CAS) number. The criteria for UK student visa applications are different for different applicants. Nevertheless, each and every student is required to prove his/her English language skills.
To apply for a Student Visa, one needs to make an online application. The student has to provide biometrics and photograph and collect his/her biometric residence permit, 10 days after arriving in the UK. However, the application can be extended and the student will have to meet certain eligibility requirements and stay in UK.
To extend one’s student visa, one has to follow certain guidelines. This should be done within six months of receiving a confirmation of acceptance offer and before the expiry of the current visa. However, the Student Visa application for extension is done online and not before three months before the date of course commencement. A student wishing to speed up the process will have to pay an additional fee.
It is relatively easy to obtain a UK student visa application. After the introduction of the Point Based System(PBS), the application is simplified further and one has to achieve 40 points to be eligible to acquire the Student Visa. The normal length of the visa will be the full length of the course plus 4–6 months depending upon the program length.
Six steps to apply for a UK Student Visa Application
1. Visit the websites to acquire information and make an online application.
2. On the appointment day, carry your appointment letter, passport, application pack, and a valid travel document. Once the application is completed, an acknowledgment receipt will be issued.
3. Visa should be applied for three months prior to the departure date.
4. One should attend an appointment at the visa application centers to complete the application. All those applying for a UK Visa need to book an appointment before submission.
5. Students can receive the documents at the application center either in person or via post.
6. Biometric information collection(fingerprints and photographs) should be enrolled at the application center.
One should check the information printed on the visa.
Documents required when applying for a UK Student Visa:
1. Original Passport and copy
2. One passport-sized photograph
3. UK visa application form
4. Proof of finance to cover all your living costs while in the UK
5. Accommodation proof
6. Travel itinerary in detail
7. Results of Tuberculosis test done
8. Biometric information
9. Originals of Academic Documents and/or work experience Certificate (as mentioned on the CAS Certificate)
10. Proof of paying the visa application fee
11. UK visa invitation letter
Assistance is offered by high-ranking universities in UK when one is applying for a UK Student Visa. The application process can be achieved upon meticulous consideration and careful planning.
For further assistance or queries students can contact us, Edwise International, and avail of our wide range of services for students on destinations like Universities in the USA, study in USA, study in UK, study in Ireland, study in Canada, study in Australia, study in New-Zealand, study in Singapore and many other countries.