Not long ago, a consequential shift has been observed in the trend to complete undergraduate schooling in India, gain work experience and then pursue a Master's. At present, a good deal of Indian pupils resolve to pursue their studies in an international university after their 12th grade. One has the opportunity to pursue from a multitude of programs abroad.
We at Edwise, as international education consultants, guide you through the entire process of studying abroad.
Here's how you can pursue your course of choice abroad at pre-eminent destinations after your 12th grade.
· A myriad of highly developed cities in the UK are home to top ranking universities that one can consider when planning to study abroad post 12th grade. The main intake at universities in the UK is September/ October. January/ February intakes are also offered by a handful universities.
· Students who desire to pursue undergraduate courses in UK should have completed 18 years of age before commencement of the program.
· The minimum IELTS score for undergraduate programs at UK universities is 6.0. The marks scored in English in Class XII is also taken into consideration by some UK universities. Some universities tend to waive off the English requirement if a candidate has scored above 75%. A handful universities also accept TOEFL and PTE scores.
· High ranked universities call for 80-85% for Engineering, Law and Management courses. Some universities with top ranking for specific subjects might also demand a minimum of 90%. IB: 38-40 points and A levels -AAA preferred. Entry essential scores for Humanities, Arts, Social Science & Computer Science is 70-80%.
· Students looking forward to study in UK from India with scores lower than 60% in XII can opt for Foundation and Diploma courses that assist them for getting admitted into better ranked universities.
· An undergraduate program in the USA is usually a four year course. Universities in USA have 3 intakes: Fall: August/September
· To study in the USA, every candidate must take the English language proficiency test. There is a mandatory requirement of scoring 70 – 80 scores in TOEFL or a band of 6.0 – 6.5 in IELTS for pursuing undergraduate study in US universities. The IELTS & PTE exam is acknowledged by over 3000 US institutions.
· Admission requisites to study in USA for Indian students for undergraduate programs incorporate 10+2 years of education, strong academic background and quality scores in entrance exams like SAT/ACT & TOEFL/IELTS/PTE.
· The number of students aspiring to study in Canada has seen an enormous rise due to the provision of a plethora of services for international students. The enticing stay-back opportunities and Co-Op programs are the major pull factors.
· An aspiring study in Canada candidate must clear HSC in First Class and should have cleared the IELTS/ TOEFL exams favourably in accoradance with the essentials listed down by the university. An IELTS band of 6.0/6.5 or a TOEFL score of 80 and above for undergraduate courses inCanada is preferable.
· It is needless to mention that students flock to study in Australia as some of the finest student cities are based in Australia.
· Australia by and large has two intakes i.e. February and July. Besides, a few Australian universities offer multiple intakes in September & November.
· To study in Australia, a good academic record in HSC or 12 years of schooling is required for a Bachelor's programs.
· Courses such as Computers and Engineering require Mathematics and /or Science as imperatives. 6.0 IELTS / 79 TOEFL / 50-58 PTE are some suggestive scores required additionally to demonstrate a candidate’s English language proficiency.
· New Zealand is surfacing as one of the elite preferences among Indian students looking forward to study abroad post-completion of their 12th grade.
· There are two intakes in a year - January and July. Certain institutions do offer multiple intakes in the month of September and November.
· For an undergraduate course in New Zealand, the applicant must have a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS or a minimum score of 50 in PTE Academic.
· The basic pre-requisites for Bachelor’s program in universities in New Zealand are: 12 years of elementary and secondary education, a minimum of 75% aggregate marks and a minimum of 60% in English, mandatory mathematics subject in class XII (for Sciences and Technology courses).
For further assistance or queries students can contact us, Edwise International, and avail of our wide range of services for students on destinations like Universities in Canada, study in Canada, study in UK, study in Ireland, study in USA, study in New-Zealand, study in Australia, study in Singapore and many other countries.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.