SAT or Scholastic Assessment Test is a world renowned admission test required to be given by the candidates who wish to seek admission to undergraduate programs primarily in USA and Singapore.
SAT scores are used by more than 4,000 undergraduate programs primarily in USA and Singapore. The SAT is conducted six times a year in India, in the months of October, November, December, January, May, and June.
A Brief on Each Section
- The Reading section of the test will measure you on your ability to understand what you read and recognize basic conversations of standard written English
- The Math section measures your ability to reason mathematically, solve math problems and interpret graphic data
- The Writing section measures you on your grammar skills and conversations of standard and written expression
- Essay (optional) will measure you on your ability to think critically and be able to communicate complex ideas through writing
What is the SAT?
The SAT is a standardized exam that most high school students take before applying to College. On each of the English and Math section, you will receive a score between 200 and 800. You will also receive a composite score between 400 to 1600, the sum of your two area scores. The optional essay will be evaluated by two readers, each reader grading you between 1 to 4
Do you have to be a certain age to take the SAT?
No, there is no age limit to take the test. Students however take the exam in their junior or senior year of high school.
What are the sections tested on the SAT?
- The SAT consists of four sections and lasts for a total of 3 hours 50 minutes.
- The Reading section consists of 52 questions with 65 minutes allotted for this section
- The Writing and Language section consists of 44 questions with 35 minutes allotted
- The Math section consists of 58 questions with 80 minutes allotted
- Essay (optional) has 50 minutes allotted
How do I register for the SAT?
You can register for the SAT by visiting the College board website, or register via mail
How long is the SAT valid for?
The SAT scores are valid for a period of 5 years.
Should I prepare any differently for the new SAT?
There will be changes to certain types of questions. For instance, the new SAT does not test you on your vocabulary, you will no longer have to memorise uncommon words. Additionally, the essay is optional, instead of a 25-minute opinion-based essay as on the old SAT, the revised SAT gives you 50 minutes to analyze an argument.
Does the SAT have a refund policy?
If you wish to cancel your registration for the SAT exam, you can do so 5 days prior to the scheduled test date. You will receive a partial refund of $10.
Can I change my test date for the SAT?
Yes, you may change your SAT test date, but you can do so at a fee.
Is there a penalty for wrong answers?
Unlike the old SAT, the new SAT does not penalise for wrong answers. Therefore, ensure that you answer every question on the SAT.
Can I retake the SAT?
There are no restrictions on the number of times you can take the test. You may take the SAT as many times as you wish.
How long do the SAT scores take?
Once you take the SAT, it takes about three weeks for College board to post your scores online.
Does the SAT provide accommodation for candidates with physical and learning disability?
Yes, the College Board will consider all requests for students with documented disabilities.
What Edwise Students Studying SAT says...
“I owe Edwise an excellent testimonial for its relentless support and dedication towards helping me achieve my goal. I really appreciate the effort put in by the faculties for guiding me throughout the process.”
“My experience with Edwise coaching was very good. I started coaching with 5 other students with no appropriate knowledge or idea about SAT, its procedures and protocols. My faculty was a boon to us by giving us not only the thorough insight of the SAT but made it a fun process for us.”
“When I entered the classroom for coaching I had no clue about SAT. My faculty gave me personalized attention and guided me till the exam which helped me not only pass my test but pass it with great scores. I am really thankful to Edwise.”
- 100 hours of intensive and comprehensive training
- Mathematics for MBA by RS Agarwal, SAT official Guide and Barron's issued as courseware
- Qualified, experienced and trained faculties
- Maximum 10-15 students per batch, making sessions personalized
- Teaching pedagogy involves a strong focus on building fundamentals in Math, guiding students with approach towards different question types, helping students build reasoning skills and giving sufficient practice
- Qualified, experienced and trained faculties
- 20 full-length mock tests
- Well stocked library
- Facility of home issuance of book
- Availability of weekdays (Tuesday- Friday, 2 hours per day) and Weekend Batches (Saturday- Sunday, 4 hours per day) under regular mode
- Availability of Fast Track Mode (Tuesday- Sunday, 4 hours per day) for people who want to complete the course at the earliest
- Facility of shifting to any branch throughout India
Overseas Educational Consultant
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Start your education overseas with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.